Sunday, February 3, 2013

There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Rose - Freebies

"There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Rose" Book Cover

I love this book!  It's especially beautiful because my 22-year-old daughter presented it to me.  She knows I collect all of the "Old Lady" books, and she told me that when she saw it at Books-A-Million (she works there), she had to buy it for me.  I'm actually going to go out and get plastic props for this one, and turn it into a "Coffee Can Theater".  Then I will follow it up with this comprehension page.  Enjoy!  It's a freebie.


As I was searching blogs for materials to go along with this book, these three posts really stood out:

Castles and Crayons
Blog Hoppin'
Home Sweet Speech Room

I also made a really lovely writing folder for this time of year.  Even though I'm blind, I tried to make this special folder as colorful as possible because Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays.  This folder really allows the children to be independent and creative when they're writing.  The pictures with words right underneath save me from having to spell every single word to every student.  Let me know what you think.

Here are some great song titles for February and specifically for Valentine's Day:

"The Year's Shortest Month" by Jack Hartmann
"Will You Be My Valentine" by Dr. Jean
"Be My Valentine" by Jack Hartmann
"Valentine's Day Party Dance" by Jack Hartmann

You know I just love using music!  It really helps the kids calm down when they can't go out for recess because of the weather, and to be perfectly honest it helps me relax too.

Here is one more freebie that you could have the children color, read, cut up, and send home:



If you also have an "Old Lady" post or unit, please leave a comment below so that we can share the love!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing my blog post!! I really appreciate it! I am your newest follower! :)

    homesweetspeechroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "There was and Old Lady" books too! I am trying to collect them all.

    Thanks for the freebies!

    Sharon McBee

    Buggy for First Grade

    ReplyDelete