Video segment about me, by the school district

Monday, July 8, 2013

Liebster Blog Award

Carolyn Kislowski, one of my newest and dearest blogging friends over at Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together, was kind enough to bestow upon me the Liebster Blogging Award!  I am so excited and honored that she would think of me for this award.  You should definitely check out her blog when you have a chance.  She has some terrific ideas and a great sense of humor.

So, in the tradition of this award I will follow the rules and nominate more bloogs for this prestigious award.  And the blogs that I'm now nominating are asked to follow these same steps:

1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them

So, I am nominating the following blogs, all of which I discovered recently and really admire:

Mrs. Ward's Land of the Little Learners

Miss Galvin Learns

Primary Classrooms are Oceans of Fun

Teacher Laura: Kindergarten Adventures

Mrs. Ring's K-Crew Kids


Here are my answers to the 11 questions that were posted by the blog who nominated me:

1. How do you spend your free time?
I spend my free time reading, ballroom dancing, and making games for the classroom and EdWorld Exchange.

2. What is your favorite candy?
Dark chocolate with nuts is my favorite candy.

3. What is a favorite childhood memory?
Playing in bell choir is a favorite child memory of mine.

4. If you had to live in a decade other than the current one, which would you choose?
I would have liked to live in the 1950's because dance was a bigger part of  life and because of the clothing (poodle skirts and sweaters).

5. Chinese, Mexican, or Italian for dinner?
I would have to choose Mexican because I really like spicy food.

6. Your life is going to become a script for a movie. Who would you want to play you?
Finola Hughes

7. Not counting family, what do you think your greatest accomplishment is so far in life?
Not counting family, I would say my greatest accomplishment was becoming National Board Certified and getting a 4.0 on one of my portfolio entries in the process.

8. What is your favorite TV show?
Dr. Who is my favorite TV show, and I also like Chopped.

9. What was your favorite childhood toy?
My cassette player was my favorite toy, so that I could "read" books.

10. You can have a half-hour conversation with anyone no longer living. Who do you choose? Why?
I would choose my sister, Lori, to ask her if she thinks I've done a good job raising her daughter.

11. You can have a half-hour conversation with any fictional character. Who do you choose? Why?
I would choose Riversong from Dr. Who.  She's just so awesome that it would be great to learn some of her secrets through a half-hour conversation.


Here are the 11 questions that I'm asking my 5 nominated blogs to answer:

1. What is your favorite room in your house, and why?
2. Where would you travel if money was no object?
3. If you could rename yourself, what name would you pick?
4. What is your favorite fairytale, and which character in it do you like the best?
5. When teaching, do you prefer using manipulatives, music, games, or books?
6. If money was no object and you were building a school, what would you put into the building?
7. Which famous actor would you pick to have lunch with, if you could?
8. If you could be the lead in a musical, play, or TV show, what would you pick, and why?
9. Do you prefer wearing jeans, dress pants, or skirts?
10. What flower best represents you?
11. If your life was made into a movie, would it be categorized as a comedy, romance, drama, or action movie?


Here are 11 random facts about me:

1. I am a ballroom dancer.
2. I love tomatoes.
3. I put hot sauce in my V8.
4. I collect comfortable shoes with low heels.
5. I give out my home and cell phone numbers to the parents of my students.
6. New Year's Eve and Valentine's Day are my favorite holidays.
7. When I'm on stage or in front of a lot of people, I feel very relaxed and contented.
8. I have made more than 1,700 guided reading books on the computer.
9. I've met and spoken with Felicia Day and Dar Williams (two of my favorite people in the university).  Felicia Day is an actress and Dar Williams is a folk singer.
10. I lived in England for a year and visited Canterbury Cathedral, London, Nottingham, and Stratford-on-Avon.
11. I love getting massages.


That's it!  Again, thanks so much to Carolyn for nominating me!  Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Sharon, I had so much fun reading all your answers and learning more about you. You are AMAZING and I'm glad even more people can know that now. You got 4.0 on your portfolio for National Board Certification?! Who does that?! :) Thank you for such a great blog!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon - Thanks for the 'honour'. I did enjoy reading your answers and shall attempt to answer yours ... but you know I don't do 'favourites' well and I'm not really a 'games' girl - maybe I'll invent my own rules!!! HAHAHA!! (Aussie spelling!! hehe!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, it was great learning more about you! Thank you for nominating me! Here is a link so you can see what I wrote:)

    Primary Classrooms are Oceans of Fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon, Thank you for the blog love. I'm your newest follower and am so glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete