Video segment about me, by the school district

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

New House and 12 Days of Kindergarten

I can't believe how long it's been since I've blogged!  I've really missed it.  It's been crazy, though!  My husband and I bought a new house.  It's huge because we're going to be adopting more kids.  Many of you know I have a 23-year-old daughter, but I guess I just did not have enough fun.  So we made sure to buy a house with 4 bedrooms so that when we foster-to-adopt there will be plenty of room.  Between electricians, roofers, home improvement people, fixing up our old place to sell, and getting our new place ready for us, it's been extremely chaotic!  Not bad, but just very busy.








One thing that I'm very excited about is that there's a storage room in the basement where I can keep all my teaching stuff.  Over the years, I've just acquired bins and bins of stuff.   As I was sorting through the mountains of teaching supplies, I found triples and quadruples of some things.  For example, I have 4 ABC train puzzles and 3 mother and baby animal puzzles.  I don't know if this has ever happened to you, but do you ever buy books that you've already purchased?  A number of times in the past I thought "Oh, I just have to have to have these weather books.  I guess I'll buy them from Scholastic."  Well, it turns out I now have 4 sets of those!  So I guess over holidays and breaks I'm really going to try and inventory more of my stuff.

Speaking of school stuff reminds me that I made some new things for the book The Twelve Days of Kindergarten by Deborah Lee Rose.



I did a previous post about The Twelve Days of Christmas and The Twelve Days of School.  But I also just put up a free product on TPT that you can use with both of those books as well as The Twelve Days of Kindergarten, which are all perfect for this time of the year!  I like them because they show the quantity, the numeral, and the sequence.  I also prefer books that count up before using books that count down.  It's also funny how the kids have a little trouble with left-to-right sweep when gluing numbers.  I'm sure you've experienced this, where you have them do some kind of paper where they're gluing things from 1 to 10, or 1 to 12, and when you get the papers, you notice that they've done it from right-to-left instead of left-to-right.  So I hope it helps that my sequencing sheets have some filled in for them.  This way, it's easier for them to understand the left-to-right sweep and they get practice with the concepts of "one more" and "one less".

Please leave me a comment below.  I would love to know what you think about the new house and these papers.  And beside that, I've just missed all of you!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Sharon, your new home is so beautiful!!!! How exciting - and BUSY! You are something else! I love your idea of foster to adopt. You are so loving and have such a huge heart. And by the way, YEP. I have done that exact same thing buying something I already have. Not only school supplies, but I buy food that I already have, too. Right now, I have three ground cinnamon spices- full! I must always think I don't have it or something. And I really don't ever even use it. HA! :) So glad to touch base!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn, thank you so much for the beautiful comment about the house! I'm very glad to hear that other people buy doubles and triples of things too. I also do what you do with spices. I found that I had 3 onion powders. I mean, what would I use all that onion powder for? I guess I just like it in Italian food, so I want to make sure I have enough. :)

      Take care!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete