Video segment about me, by the school district

Thursday, July 23, 2015

3 More ABC Ideas

This is my second post about ideas to help your students learn their ABCs.  Using various modalities to teach letters is a brain-friendly way to get your students to really progress.

1. My kids love the song "Learning Letter Sounds" by Jack Hartmann.  I use these pictures along with the song:



There's also a beautiful YouTube video of the song:



2. You can use ABCMouse for free in your classroom.  It's really excellent for pre-k, k, and 1st grade.  Your students can read books, do puzzles, play games, and all kinds of very interactive activities.  The website will also keep track of each student's progress.

3. I love making and playing games with my students.  I especially like this Superhero ABC Bingo game that I made especially for pre-k and kindergarten students.  They're my own creation and I did it because I wanted to have a set of interesting, non-violent superheroes that the kids could make up their own stories for.  See what you think!

I would LOVE to hear what you do with your kids to teach them their ABCs.

No comments:

Post a Comment