Video segment about me, by the school district

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Parade

Book cover of Parade by Donald Crews

Happy June, everybody!  We've been doing a Donald Crews author study, and I'm going to start this series of blog posts with a wonderful book called Parade.

I like this book so much for kindergarten since Donald Crews takes us back to his childhood, where he was a young boy experiencing a parade.  I use the word "experiencing" because you can see, hear, smell, touch, and taste things at a parade.  I wanted to help my students to write more colorfully and explicitly, so I made up this "Moment in Time" poster to help my students think about what they could experience with their five senses:
I also made this picture graphic organizer so they could collect their thoughts before making their own Parade book:
I added a Parade writing folder to my package of Warm Weather Writing Folders that you can purchase on TPT.  Here are just a few samples of my children's writing:



More Donald Crews books to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment