Video segment about me, by the school district

Friday, February 17, 2012

I Know a Smart Woman

Ok, so if you're anything like me, you've eaten a couple of extra chocolates this Valentine week.  It's ok.  Don't feel guilty.  Let's get back on track, though, and focus on songs and activities that cover healthy foods!  There's a great song by Mar Harmon called "I Know a Smart Woman" that's in the same family as "I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly."  The twist is that this woman eats foods that are healthy, like bran, fruit, cheese, veggies, and lean meats.  The song is so cute, and so valuable for teaching the difference between healthy foods and unhealthy foods.  When I first bought the song I made and used these pictures to feed to my Old Lady puppet:

Smart Woman Pictures


Then I found plush toys on Childcraft's web site that match the song exactly!

Plush toy props for "I Know a Smart Woman"
Either one of these (the printed pictures or the plush props) could go in your Library Center or Listening Center.  The kids really like this song!  The cool thing is you can buy it for 99 cents on iTunes.  If you don't have iTunes, you can download the whole album from Songs For Teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment